Having lived through a number
of other economic downturns, e-mail offers a real bright
spot on the horizon this time around. Here's why I'm thankful
- Once your e-mail system is in place, the cost of broadcasting
your messages is minimal. We remember during past recessions,
our clients would basically shut down all their direct
marketing campaigns due to the high printing and mailing
expenses. With e-mail's extremely low costs, you can continue
to market to your online customers without skipping a beat.
- You can continue to test offers on the cheap. You've
got a whole new economic reality on your hands -- and you
need to know how your customers will respond to it. With
e-mail you can quickly test new offers and get an accurate
read on your market in 24 hours or less.
- Your design costs are minimal. We can create a template and run
with it for quite a while without any major design changes.
- You can build your list organically -- rather than buying outside
lists. And, indeed you should because outside lists get lower response
rates. If you would like to test the email gathering software click
- You can stay in touch with your clients and maintain
your credibility. With name-brand companies crashing and burning
around us, customers want to know who's still standing. Email marketing
can get out the message that you're here and ready to do business.
- You can defend your e-mail marketing efforts to
upper management much more easily than other media. The Direct Marketing
Association revealed that e-mail's ROI
was £45.06 for every £1 spent, as opposed to a non-e-mail Internet
marketing ROI of £19.94. E-mail provided more than double the effectiveness
of other online marketing methods.
- You can conduct competitive research just by looking
in your inbox. Sign up for your competitor's e-mail blasts and you
always have your finger on the pulse of the market. If they come
out with at £10 off offer in the morning, you can beat it with a
£12 discount in the afternoon.